Statistics show that a mere 22% of Americans are familiar with Rosacea, leaving an astounding 78% of the population uninformed about a skin disease that regularly affects more than 16 million Americans.
Most common among the baby-boomers generation, Rosacea is a skin disease with no known cure. There are products on the market that can control the disease’s symptoms and Perfect Skin RX strives to help people overcome this condition.
There are four common symptoms indicative of Rosacea, though any of the following symptoms are associated with Rosacea and only a qualified dermatologist can make a proper diagnosis.
- Small bumps or pimples on the face
- Visible blood vessels on the face
- Irritated and/or watery eyes
- Redness – commonly on the nose, chin, forehead or cheeks
Since Rosacea affects people well after puberty, into their 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s, it is often associated with embarrassment and negative social and psychological effects. Since more of the population is not informed about Rosacea, people, ultimately curious if someone beyond their teen years has acne, often stare at it. In fact, if left untreated, this condition can become severe.
Perfect Skin RX carries Obagi, including a Rosaclear product designed to effectively minimize and reduce the blotchy redness associated with Rosacea. This non-comedogenic product will not clog pores and contains 0.75% Metronidazole. This non-prescription medication is used to effectively treat the pustules and papules associated with Rosacea. This product also contains lavender, sea whip, aloe and licorice, as well as light-reflecting minerals that help improve the skin’s overall texture and complexion. This Obaji Skin care product also contains a broad-spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen that helps reduce sun damage and environmental skin exposure, necessary for Rosacea suffers. This lightly tinted moisturizer helps conceal blotchy redness and Rosacea-related blemishes and is chemical-free. Obagi products are highly effective in combating this skin disease.
The cause of Rosacea is unknown, although there are various medical theories about what contributes to the skin disease. Some people in the medical community believe that blood vessels that dilate too easily may be a contributing factor, as this increases facial blood flow and causes the skin to appear red and flushed. While Rosacea is classified as a chronic disorder, half of suffers say that without treatment their skin condition advanced within less than a year.
The National Rosacea Society urges people who may have this skin disease to seek the expertise of a dermatologist and begin treatment as soon as possible.